World Heritage Line 304: The Bus Line is Bus line with action programme
Our World Heritage Line, actually the public transport bus line 304, has now been running daily for more than two years between Wittenberg, Wörlitz and Dessau, often at hourly intervals, as a line that has been upgraded and marketed for tourism. To this end, in 2020 and 2021 the bus stop signs on the line have already been redesigned or renewed under this branding, a bus has been decorated with the motifs Luther | Bauhaus | Garden Kingdom, the bus has been renamed within the route network and tourist audio announcements about sights in the region have been implemented on the line.
This summer, we would like to offer an action programme during the normal bus journeys in the core time of 10-17 hrs on the three selected dates of 5 June, 13 August and 11 September. A musical programme is planned, complemented by contributions from guides in costume. This is intended to attract even more attention to the World Heritage Line and increase the number of passengers.
Particular mention should be made of the commitment of the Stadtmarketinggesellschaft Dessau-Roßlau in cooperation with our tourism association and Vetter GmbH, which will grant free travel between the World Heritage cities of Dessau, Wörlitz and Wittenberg to guests on the bus line on all three days. In addition, there will be special trips on the line marked with * in the programme, which are marked as call buses in the normal operation of the timetable.
Planned action programme:
World Heritage Day, 05.06.2022 (Sunday)
– Jan Pajak alias Jan von Suppengrün on the guitar, 10.02-11.10 h (WB-DE) & back 12.51-13.58 h as well as 14.02-15.10 h (WB-DE) and back at 15.51-16.58 h* (DE-WB)
– Katja Köhler as Katharina von Bora, 14.02-15.10 hrs (WB-DE) & return at 15.51-16.58 hrs* (DE-WB)
– Anke John as Dessau tour guide accompanies the bus from Dessau, 10.51-11.21 (DE-WÖ) & back 12.39-13.10 as well as 13.51-14.21* (DE-WÖ) and on to WB (14.58)* & back 15.02* from WB via WÖ (15.39)* to DE (16.10)*
– 12-14 grass women from the EKMAGADI project accompany the 10.51 am line from Dessau to Wörlitz. They walk in Wörlitz Park with flyer distribution and accompany the line back 15.39 hrs* to Dessau.
Garden Kingdom Day, 13.08.2022 (Saturday)
– Christian Ratzel accompanies as Köthen tour guide (possibly in costume)
– 12-14 grass women from the EKMAGADI project accompany the 10.21-10.51 line (DE-WÖ). They will walk in the Wörlitz Park with flyer distribution and accompany the line back 16.09-16.40 (WÖ-DE).
Open Monument Day, 11.09.2022 (Sunday)
– Jan Pajak alias Jan von Suppengrün on the guitar, 10.02-11.10 h (WB-DE) & return 12.51-13.58 h as well as 14.02-15.10 h (WB-DE) and return 15.51-16.58 h (DE-WB)
– Katja Köhler as Katharina von Bora, 14.02-15.10 hrs (WB-DE) and back at 15.51-16.58 hrs (DE-WB) accompanied by Astrid Räuchle as Barbara Cranach