Dessau for Bauhaus Fans
In 1919, Walter Gropius founded the State Bauhaus School in Weimar. In 1925, the school of art and architecture moved to its most productive location, in Dessau. In addition to the Bauhaus and the Masters’ Houses, the city of Dessau commissioned its director, Walter Gropius, and later his successor, Hannes Meyer, to design numerous public buildings. The result was Germany’s first Employment Office, Törten Housing Estate, the Houses with Balcony Access and the Kornhaus restaurant for day-trippers. Dessau is the only place where almost all the Bauhaus buildings that today are icons of twentieth-century architecture were built. Having opened in September 2019, Bauhaus Museum Dessau displays an extensive collection of Bauhaus objects – the second largest collection in the world, after Berlin.
Experience all the highlights of the history of the Bauhaus in Dessau bundled together in one unique tour package and be our guest.
For your Bauhaus weekend, we propose
Friday // Arrival // Welcome to Dessau – 5:00 p.m. public city tour from Tourist Information // City stroll through the city center // Dinner in the city*
Saturday // Breakfast // Bauhaus discovery tour through the city // Bauhaus, Master Houses, Bauhaus Museum, Törten Settlement // Dinner at the Bauhaus Restaurant Kornhaus am Elbebogen
Sunday // Take-off // visit to Aunt Ju at the “Hugo Junkers” Museum of Technology // travel home
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
The general terms and conditions apply
- 3 days / 2 nights with breakfast in a centrally located Dessau 4****Hotel
- 2 x rich breakfast buffet in the hotel
- 1 bottle of mineral water as a welcome gift in the room
- 1 x per room – surprise
- 1 x 3 days World HeritageCard with accompanying book (admission to the: Bauhaus Museum, Masters’ Houses, Bauhaus, Hugo Junkers Technology Museum, local public transport and much more)
- 1 x 3-course menu at the Kornhaus Restaurant at the Elbebogen
- 1 x pocket guide Bauhaus buildings
- 1 x city map and selected information material
from 229 € per person in a double room
from 329 € in a single room
- Extension day bookable on request
- Rental bike 10,- Euro/day at the tourist information office
- Themed tour depending on offer
Arrival possible on any day of the week. Booking until 14 days before.